Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my baby turned beast...

home matters kinda suck ass.... my gorgeous dog, decided she had reached adulthood and would become a well to put it simple, bossy and dangerous... a violent outburst put my mother's dog in the hospital, and marked the first first time, my Roxy didn't listen to me... and hasn't listened since.... she has lashed out in angry alpha female crazies that has her going back to her original owner come Easter.. to put it simple, she is a work dog, she was bred to work, she has come into her own and we realized she does not make a good or safe family dog.. my head has hurt with heartbreak and stress, to have to get into the middle of a massive dog fight, was scary, to have to literally throw my dog with all my strength was painful, a bad sprain resulted and now am on painkillers to ease the bloated thing that is my hand... my heart aches for my kids, two of which saw the event and are scared to death, and two of which are ever sooo sad, for they love their Roxy sooo much... and don't understand the sudden change... We will keep Jett, and love his big silly self... get him fixed, and put him in obedience training and incorporate him into the house... Roxy stalks the house looking for her prey, she has been crazed to finish the job, the poor lil dog swollen and stitched has to be carried down the front steps and watched, as Roxy can smell him and about tears down the gate to get to him... the whole thing is just sad... I hate, for my kids to part with the baby turned beast that is our Roxy... I hate to be unsuccessful at yet another pet... I hate that she will have to leave, she is like my fifth baby... but in solace, I know that she will go back to a great home, with an amazing trainer, and she will be on a race team with her moms and pops and prob run in Alaska, in the next couple of years... she will be grand but we are left heartbroken...

deep breath, life is hard... to have kids, is to have pets.... to have pets is to have to make choices.... choices in what is in best interest for the kids... kids don't always understand.... after much talk with trainers it was concluded that the possibility of her turning on the smaller monkeys is possible, her alpha female role is to enforce the rules, the fight took place cuz I was telling the dogs to be quiet, one didn't listen, she made it so he had to... what is to say, I am outside with the monkeys, scolding them for something or another and she doesn't feel they are listening..... gawd the thought rings in my head like a horrible nightmare... anxiety causing me to seek answers... ones I didn't want to hear....

sorry to ramble on and on.... just had to wrap my head around it all....

4 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Hmm.

Doggy puberty seen by those way too young to get it. They grow up fast, don't they?

Zombie said...

Aw you poor thing, that must be absolutely horrible. That would break my heart. I hope it all works out ok. I guess that's the problem with working dogs, especially the husky-type ones, they are just so damn lovely though, and so much better than a silly little lap dog. I'm sure she'll have a nice time racing though. Will you get another different dog or leave it for a while?

Shroom Monkey said...

zombie- we have two siberian huskies, our female Roxy is my serious pup.... our male is big and lazy... we will keep him, as he hasn't the drive to do much of anything.... so he is pretty safe... yeah work dogs are some serious pups... we will keep it at one, til this one grows old and keels over.... too hard... ya know...

Blog said...

Ohh, that sucks. I hope you're okay. Really. That's really hard.

Whatever you decide will be best. I think, when you're ready, you should get a kitty. Totally suits you REEEOOWWWW!

it meez......

old shit