Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Three 4 Free

Once upon a time, I entered a lil contest- at Danbo's lil blog..... something about a three for free type a thing... I was expecting to win, but alas the benavolent ruler of the roost said, no... no.... not that I didn't win, that there was no winners, as he loved us all the same...

Which I still think is a load of crap... someone has misplaced his cajones....

so in the spirit of lack of better things to write, I am gonna copy and paste my tidits here and give you three totally random songs that I pulled out my ass, but I like them... and they are good songs, and you will like them too.... and if you don't... fuck it, I could have chosen some Air Supply or even some more Nick Lachey...



Still in Hollywood, Concrete Blonde

What- before the band went all gothic lullabies and sad songs that made me want to stab my legs with lead pencils, there was a happy lil diddy that made you want to run away to Hollywood, shop overpriced vintage on Melrose, and drunkenly stumble up the steps to your roach infested apartment/Travel lodge on the strip... Great garage band feel that instantly makes you want to bob your head, sport a sexy lil snarl, and twirl about as the chorus hits, "I'm Still in Hollywood, ohhh yeah thought I'd be out of here by now" and personal adopted "we've got nothing to gain and nothing to lose!" whoa, that sounds about right....

When- when you realize that you haven't made it yet.... pause deep breath, and repeat- yet..... when all your lil creative dreams and delusions of grandeur are only mocked poses in a dirty mirror and your headlines are the ones that no one sees.... yet....... so you twirl about a bit, sport that lil head bob, and sexy lil snarl and smile to yourself knowing it is only a matter of time....

Feeling Stronger Every Day- Chicago

What- hell yeah I know old... old, old, old song but a great song.... a slow 70's classic rock song that starts slow and harmonious and then goes into a momentous build to a great burst of energy that makes the world disappear for just a minute.. Classic Chicago, a bit of big band horns, and that distinctive Peter Cetera lock jaw short yet soothing bursts of words.

When- when your pissed.... and love/work/(insert your own hardship here) has gone wrong yet again... and you just need a pick me up song... when writing crappy lil moments in your journal, and singing sad songs doesn't get you anywhere... bust out the 70's power songs, feel the horns, feel that huge drum beat, and just shake it all off....

Balls to the Wall- Accept

What- My personal favorite of all times heavy fuckin Metal song! A true under appreciated and overlooked anthem... The best, absolute best adrenaline building song, the dig your heels in and stand your ground song! The, I can take on the whole friggin world and kick some serious ass song... Strange lil German band, albino gay midget screeching hellion, that breaks out the chorus, You got your balls to wall with true power and fist in the air spirit.

When- Hell, whenever... When you are about to embark on anything that you need to get pumped up for... for that first mile, of many that you have no idea how you will make it through... For standing in the mirror and getting ready for the all important job interview, for that blind date, for anything really... When you need an anthem and a theme song!!

No comments:

it meez......

old shit